Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
With porcelain veneers, you can have the perfect smile you've always wanted! Porcelain veneers, also called instant orthodontics, can be used to create straight, evenly spaced teeth in as little as two dental visits. At the Knoxville cosmetic dentistry practice of Dr. Thomas G. Zarger, Jr. you will find the latest treatments for all of your dentistry needs. We welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zarger to see if instant orthodontics are right for you.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, or instant orthodontics, are custom-made tooth-shaped shells. These thin shells are bonded to the surface of the front teeth to improve the shape and color of the teeth. The porcelain can be shaded to match the surrounding teeth or made an even brighter shade of white for more dramatic results than even teeth whitening treatments can achieve. Porcelain veneers are long-lasting and very durable. The procedure for placing porcelain veneers is generally a two-step process, requiring two dental visits. During the first visit, impressions are made of the teeth. These impressions are generally sent to a dental lab where they are used to create the porcelain veneers. Once the veneers are completed, another dental visit is needed to bond the veneers to the teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Instant Orthodontics?
Candidates for instant orthodontics should have generally healthy gums and teeth. In order to place a porcelain veneer, a thin layer of the outer enamel must be removed. The teeth must be healthy enough to tolerate enamel removal. Veneers can correct such issues as discoloration, chips, and minor fractures. People with mild misalignment, uneven teeth, or gaps between teeth who would have traditionally needed orthodontics usually benefit from veneers. If you suffer from one or more of the following, you may be a candidate for porcelain veneers.
- Discolored Teeth: Yellow and stained teeth can be masked with porcelain veneers.
- Small or Short Teeth: Tooth-shaped veneers can alter the appearance of small teeth by improving their proportions.
- Small chips or Minor Fractures: Veneers are perfect for covering minor flaws like chips and small fractures.
- Irregular Teeth: Irregularly shaped teeth can be corrected with perfectly shaped veneers.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Porcelain veneers can be used to close gaps between teeth.
- Mild Misalignment: Mildly misaligned teeth can be made to look straight with the placement of porcelain veneers.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers has many benefits over traditional orthodontics. Here are just a few:
- Less Painful: Traditional orthodontics is considered painful, as braces must be tightened at least once a month to move the teeth into alignment.
- Instant Results: With instant orthodontics, you'll have straight teeth as soon as you leave the dentist's office! Traditional metal braces take months to straighten the teeth, and patients are typically required to wear a retainer long after the braces have been taken off.
- Whitened Teeth: Porcelain veneers can give you the appearance of whiter teeth, while also improving the alignment of your teeth.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Thomas G. Zarger, Jr.
We offer many different dental procedures to give you the smile of your dreams. For our patients in Knoxville, teeth whitening is a favored treatment to instantly improve the appearance of their teeth. We invite you to schedule a consultation to see which treatment options are best for you.