Missing teeth can affect your entire life in ways you never imagined. Not only do they impact your appearance and self-confidence, they can also impair your ability to eat and speak correctly. In addition, even a single missing tooth can have devastating consequences for your oral health, leading to a receding jawbone and further tooth loss. Fortunately, our Knoxville dentists provide single and multiple teeth replacement using state-of-the-art dental implants. These restorations offer extremely lifelike results and greater stability than other restorative options. Whether you have one tooth replaced or your entire dental arch, you will benefit from our artistry and commitment to your dental health.
Single Tooth Placement
To place a traditional single tooth implant, Dr. Zarger will place a titanium post in your gums. As the tissues heal, they will grow around this biocompatible post in a process called osseointegration. When your gums have healed, you will return to the office, and your cosmetic dentist will attach a highly lifelike, custom-created crown to the top of the implant post. Your implant will be very stable, and typically you will be able to eat normally immediately after you receive your crown.
Multiple Tooth Placement
If you are missing several teeth in a row, you may benefit from an implant-supported bridge. With a traditional bridge, your restorative dentist must crown the teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. Your new teeth will attach to these crowns. With an implant-supported bridge, there is no need to alter your healthy teeth. Instead, your dentist will place dental implants, which will hold one or more restorations in place.
If you are missing all or a large percentage of your teeth, you may assume that you are not a candidate for implants. In fact, dental implants can also secure your dentures for a more realistic look and feel. Dr. Zarger will place several implant posts at once. He will typically use mini dental implants, which have a smaller diameter and are placed at angle. The dentist will provide you with a temporary denture to wear while your gums are healing. When the tissue has fully healed, Dr. Zarger will attach your dentures. Implant-supported dentures can be removable, sliding onto a bar held in place by the implants. The dentures may also be permanent, and they may attach directly on to the top of the implant posts.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Stability: Because implants are permanently affixed to your mouth, they will never slip out of place. You will not have to worry about embarrassing incidents while speaking, and you can continue to eat a varied diet without worrying about the effects on your synthetic teeth.
- Easy Maintenance: Implants do not require special care. Typically, routine brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings are sufficient.
- Lifelike appearance: Because implants are permanent and they are actually affixed to your gums, they are virtually identical to natural teeth.
- Durability: With proper oral care, implants can last the rest of your life.
- Jawbone protection: Implants replace the dental root, as well as the tooth itself. Therefore, implants provide outstanding protection for your jawbone, and they can even stimulate the growth of new jawbone cells.
Schedule Your Appointment
Don’t let your self-confidence and your oral health suffer because of missing teeth. To learn more about single and multiple teeth implants, contact Premier Dental Center today. Our friendly dentists will provide you with a comprehensive evaluation to determine your candidacy for this restorative treatment.