Our goal is to transform your smile in a dramatic, yet natural-looking way. Using all-porcelain crowns, our dental professionals can do just that. With his patients' best interests always in mind, Dr. Thomas Zarger uses only the safest, most advanced materials and techniques to restore health, harmony, and function to smiles. Porcelain dental crowns are just one of the many ways our Knoxville cosmetic dentistry specialist can help you achieve a pristine smile that you will want to show off.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are designed to strengthen and improve the appearance of a structurally flawed tooth. If you have a tooth that is chipped, cracked, or decayed, then dental crowns may be an ideal solution for you. The all-porcelain shells act as a hard hat for a damaged tooth, protecting it from further destruction, preserving its structural integrity, and providing renewed support for your bite. As a restorative dentist who truly cares about his patients' well-being, Dr. Zarger offers all-porcelain crowns for patients who want to improve the appearance and health of their smiles.
Many patients and dentists consider all-porcelain crowns to be the most aesthetically pleasing restoration available. Because the porcelain shell is crafted to complement your entire smile, it blends in seamlessly with your existing teeth, matching their color and shape perfectly.
The Design and Installation Process
Our patients are always amazed by Dr. Zarger’s attention to even the smallest details. As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Zarger uses his artistic eye to personalize every restoration that he designs. Because of this, he is consistently able to produce exceptional results for his patients.
The dental crown placement procedure takes place requires at least appointments.
- Your first appointment will involve the customization of your restoration. During this stage, your tooth will be sculpted down and decay will be removed from the remaining structure. Next, a member of our team will make an impression of your smile. Once a mold of your teeth has been cast, Dr. Zarger will begin designing your porcelain crown. Using computer imaging and the impression of your smile, our Knoxville dentist will work with an outside laboratory to mill your prosthetic. A temporary crown will be placed on the prepared tooth while your crown is being fabricated.
- Once your dental crown has been created, it will arrive at our practice and you will be contacted immediately. Once you arrive for your second appointment, the temporary crown will be carefully removed from your tooth, the structure and gum line will be thoroughly cleansed, and your all-porcelain crown will be securely bonded in place.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns at our Knoxville dentistry practice offer many benefits, including:
- Improved confidence
- Improved shape, size, and color of the tooth
- Protection for existing, healthy tooth structures from damage
- A stronger bite
- A restoration free of dark lines
- Improved chewing and speaking ability
- Less facial pain and reduced hallowing of the cheeks
- Long-lasting results (typical lifespan of a crown is 10 to 15 years)
While all-porcelain crowns function in the same way as traditional metal crowns, they are less harmful to your health, look believably natural, and are incredibly durable. To determine whether porcelain crowns are right for your unique needs, we suggest you schedule a comprehensive consultation with our smile specialists. After thoroughly examining your teeth and gums and consulting with you about your short-term and long-term cosmetic goals, Dr. Zarger will determine how best to treat your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
Contact Our Knoxville Practice to Learn More about All-porcelain Dental Crowns
We encourage you to contact our Knoxville practice if you are interested in learning more about porcelain dental crowns. You will be amazed to discover how much having a beautiful, healthy smile will elevate your self-esteem.